[mythtv-users] OT Superbowl and Direct TV, 2 separate items.

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Feb 8 07:22:17 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> * On Thu Feb 07, 2008 at 09:34:37PM -0800, Remco Treffkorn wrote:
>>
>> Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
>> HAM DC2XT
>
> I guess the only government agency you care about knocking on your
> door
> is the FCC.  There are others that are just as ambitious.

DC2XT is not a U.S. callsign, so it's not the FCC he'd be worrying
about.  With a "DC" call he's in Germany.

As to his original question, he'd probably be best off looking on a
BitTorrent site, like Pirate Bay.  I'll leave the legality of that
approach in his native country up to him to determine.  Fair use laws
vary greatly with jurisdiction. Unfortunately here in the U.S. it's
generally legal to make recordings for your own use, but sharing them
with others is frowned upon and sometimes draws unwanted civil
lawsuits from companies with no sense of humor.  The NFL's latest
target has been churches who hold public big-screen Superbowl parties,
to give you an idea.