[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:59:36 UTC 2008

I've been running Mythfrontend on an eMac for about 3 weeks now, and from
what I can tell, it's the most stable frontend I have.  In that 3 weeks, I
have not rebooted once, and the only time I've restarted the frontend
application is when I rebooted my backend server.   My machine is
underpowered (800mhz, 256mb ram), and sometimes I need to press "play" a
second time, but it's not that big a deal.

If you want the best drivers for the hardware, I would stick with some
version of Mac OS X and run Mythfrontend on that.  I've seen various
how-to's for compiling MythTV on a Mac (if you're into that kind of thing)
but I've never done it personally.