[mythtv-users] Script to check recording files?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 8 21:09:49 UTC 2008

On 02/08/2008 03:58 PM, Mike Smith wrote:
> I am about to migrate my recordings directory onto a new volume, and I
> want to make sure it's starting in as clean a state as possible.
>
> I'm convinced some of the files in there are no longer appearing in my
> recordings list -- i.e., they're orphaned and don't have db entries.
> I've met this in the past, and found a little script that would check
> every file in the recordings directory, and every entry in the
> recordings table, and note or delete any orphans in either.
>
> But now I can't find that script, and all my efforts searching the
> wiki and Google have come up blank. Does anyone know the script I'm
> talking about?

In SVN trunk, there's myth.find_orphans.pl , but it doesn't use the Perl
bindings so it may have a bit of bitrot after some of the changes to
backend autodetection, etc.  (Hint, hint...  Anyone want to fix it?)

If you're not running trunk, I recommend waiting until you upgrade to
0.21 and then running it.  Extra recording info in the DB is not a
problem, and extra recording files are only a problem if you're space
constrained.

Mike