[mythtv-users] NVP prebuffering pause

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Fri Feb 8 21:15:52 UTC 2008

Here is my .asoundrc

----

[root at markmythhd mythtv]# cat .asoundrc
# Override the default output used by ALSA.
# # If you do not override the default, your default
# # device is identical to the (unmixed) analog device
# # shown below. If you prefer mixed and/or digital
# # output, uncomment the appropriate four lines below
# # (only one slave.pcm line).
# ### Currently set w/digital-hw as the default output,
# ### comment out this entire section to use unmixed
# ### analog as your default
# ### -jarod
# pcm.!default {
# type plug
# ## Uncomment the following to use mixed analog by default
# # slave.pcm "dmix-analog"
# ## Uncomment the following to use unmixed digital by default
# slave.pcm "digital-hw"
# ## Uncomment the following to use mixed digital by default
# # slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
# }
# # Alias for analog output on the Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # - This is identical to the device named "default"--which
# # always exists and refers to hw:0,0 (unless overridden)
# # - Therefore, we can specify "hw:0,0", "default", or "analog"
# # to access analog output on the Audigy
# pcm.analog {
# type plug
# slave.pcm "analog-hw"
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.analog {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Alias for (rate-converted) mixed analog output on the
# # Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # - This will accept audio input--regardless of rate--and
# # convert to the rate required for the dmix plugin
# # (in this case 48000Hz)
# pcm.mixed-analog {
# type plug
# slave.pcm "dmix-analog"
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.mixed-analog {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Alias for (rate-converted) digital (S/PDIF) output on the
# # Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # - This will accept audio input--regardless of rate--and
# # convert to the rate required for the S/PDIF hardware
# # (in this case 48000Hz)
# pcm.digital {
# type plug
# slave.pcm "digital-hw"
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.digital {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Alias for mixed (rate-converted) digital (S/PDIF) output on the
# # Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # - This will accept audio input--regardless of rate--and
# # convert to the rate required for the S/PDIF hardware
# # (in this case 48000Hz)
# pcm.mixed-digital {
# type plug
# slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.mixed-digital {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # The following devices are not useful by themselves. They
# # require specific rates, channels, and formats. Therefore,
# # you probably do not want to use them directly. Instead use
# # of of the devices defined above.
# # Alias for analog output on the Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # Do not use this directly--it requires specific rate,
# # channels, and format
# pcm.analog-hw {
# type hw
# card 0
# # The default value for device is 0, so no need to specify
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.analog-hw {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Alias for digital (S/PDIF) output on the Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # Do not use this directly--it requires specific rate,
# # channels, and format
# pcm.digital-hw {
# type hw
# card 0
# # device 0
# device 2
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.digital-hw {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Direct software mixing plugin for analog output on
# # the Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # Do not use this directly--it requires specific rate,
# # channels, and format
# pcm.dmix-analog {
# type dmix
# ipc_key 1234
# slave {
# pcm "analog-hw"
# period_time 0
# period_size 1024
# buffer_size 4096
# rate 48000
# }
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.dmix-analog {
# type hw
# card 0
# }
# # Direct software mixing plugin for digital (S/PDIF) output
# # on the Audigy (hw:0,0)
# # Do not use this directly--it requires specific rate,
# # channels, and format
# pcm.dmix-digital {
# type dmix
# ipc_key 1235
# slave {
# pcm "digital-hw"
# period_time 0
# period_size 1024
# buffer_size 4096
# rate 48000
# }
# }
# # Control device (mixer, etc.) for the Audigy card
# ctl.dmix-digital {
# type hw
# card 0
# }