[mythtv-users] NVP prebuffering pause

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 8 21:25:03 UTC 2008

On 02/08/2008 04:14 PM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Here is the log attached.  It was the perfect test.  SD from
> firewire.  Standard pausing etc...
>
> Just to fit int he 40K limit for attachments, I cut out about a
> thousand of the messages below too

Well, your Myth isn't compiled to allow OpenGL video rendering, so
you're not using that.  However, this does show that you have Xv support
(which should be better, anyway) in your card, so whoever said that the
NV8 series doesn't support Xv seemed to have confused Xv with XvMC
(which is definitely not supported).  That means you should really
adjust your playback profile to use Xv as the renderer instead of OpenGL.

I'm thinking, though, that you need to adjust your audio settings.

For "Audio output device", use "ALSA:default" for "Mixer device" use
"default" (no quotes in either).  You currently have "ALSA:default" with
"/dev/mixer", which won't work.

Mike