[mythtv-users] 1TB USB $225 US

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:46:49 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 8:08 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 6:28 AM, Anthony R. Baker <baker at low-e.com> wrote:
> >

> >     Does anyone think this wouldn't work for a standard def. system
> > Iomega 1TB Double USB 2.0 Desktop Hard Drive promo price $225.95
> >
> > Anthony R. Baker
> >

> I use only 400mb/S 1394 storage on two different backend server. It
> has always worked well for me. I would have no worries about trying
> USB. It will likely work out fine.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark

Actually, it dawned on me that my local MythTV server is actually
using USB2.0 as storage, not 1394. I use 1394 at a remote location
only. The local server is two PVR-150 tuners. We often have two
recordings happening while at the same time we have 3 people watching
different programs on different TVs. I've never had a problem with the
system that I could attribute to the disk drives being 'slow'. We've
got about 18 months on this USB drive.

If I was looking at HDTV recording then I would have to revisit
whether this makes sense but for our backend needs it's been fine.

Again, I hope this helps,
Mark