[mythtv-users] S-Video capture details via PVR-500

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Feb 11 21:34:44 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:

> Also, what is this I have read about setting the channel on the
> PVR-500
> to 3?  How is that done when just being used as an S-Video capture
> device?
> Anything else I should know before configuring?
>
> You mean in setup?  Or something else?  Any channel changing will
> use the external command you setup.

He means the setting for when you're using an external STB and going
over coax to the PVR-500 - how you have to set the card to Channel 3
(like you have to set your TV to channel 3 to see what's on the STB).
svideo has no such requirement since you're not using the tuner in the
PVR-500 at this point.