[mythtv-users] HD Recording Newbie

James Perrett mythstory at live.com.au
Tue Feb 12 01:41:23 UTC 2008

I have Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 T working on all chanels both SD and HD in OZ on Win XP.
But trying to get HD to work on MythTV front end. Back end recording seem fine.
Just currently can not watch them on HD.
Planning to get HD 26' or 32' LCD screen. As currently using and old VGA monitor.
That seriously need to be turfed into the nearest bin.

Cheers
MythStory

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:25:07 -0600From: mitchell.gore at gmail.comTo: mythtv-users at mythtv.orgSubject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD Recording NewbieOn Feb 11, 2008 3:14 PM, Steve Nuffer <nuffersp at yahoo.com> wrote:

I have been using Mythtv on Fedora/Ubuntu for 3 years now.  I now have a Sony HD flat screen.

Where can I read on how to setup a MythTV for HD recording/playback?
Any hardware that I need to look at?
Tuner/Capture Cards
How do you change the channels?

I have Cox Cable which I have read has disabled the Firewire port which manages the channel.  What are my alternatives.  Is that how you would also capture?

Just need a little push on how to start.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now._______________________________________________mythtv-users mailing listmythtv-users at mythtv.orghttp://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-usersPlease read the wiki before posting:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTVMitchell