[mythtv-users] Missing /dev/lcd0 with Silverstone LC16M

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Feb 12 09:45:49 UTC 2008

> I use KnoppMyth, but this should work for any distribution:
>
> mknod /dev/ldc0 c 180 144
>
> If your kernel uses udev, there may be a better way to do this (udev
> rules).  Also, you may need to grant permissions to the process that
> runs LDCproc so it can read/write to this device.

Tried that but I then get the error

# LCDd
imon: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such device).
imon: Did you load the iMON VFD kernel module?
imon: More info in lcdproc/docs/README.imon
Driver [imon] init failed, return code < 0
Could not load driver imon
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

I'm not sure where to begin with udev rules if anyone has one of these
running I'd really like to get their information including which distro they
are using etc........

Thanks for the help but I'm really lost here