[mythtv-users] Joined files in MythVideo

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:53:54 UTC 2008

Sarah Hayes wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a few films that are split into multiple files. I've asked about
>> what to do with them before and was told about how to link them in the
>> meta data and turn off the display setting for all but the first file.
>> Linking the files with 'play file after' works fine (except for a few
>> seconds pause between files .. anyway to get rid of that or am I being
>> too fussy?), but I can't seem to stop multiple occurrences appearing in
>> the selection gallery. All of my films which have 2 files are showing up
>> twice in the gallery, even though I'm turning off the display setting.
>> Any ideas what's going on? It no biggie, purely cosmetic, but it would
>> be nice to sort it out.
>>

> avimerge -i <file1> <file2> <fileX> -o <file.avi>  will join them up,
> assuming it's an AVI file and not say mkv, mpg or such.
>
> In the video manager, turn off the browsable flag on the second part;
> now and here's the trick.  In mythvideo, whilst viewing the media
> library (i.e. looking for stuff to watch not adding new videos) pull up
> the menu and select "Filter Display" go down to where it says 'browse'
> and nudge it from 'All' to 'Yes', save that as the default.
>
> That should remove all media flagged as 'do not show'.  You will,
> however, need to filter the display for all the different views if you
> use them.

Hello again,

Your avimerge tip worked a treat. Everything is much neater now.
However, one of my films has .srt subtitles split over two .avi files so
I want to keep those files separate. I've set the flags of the second
file not to show, but can not find the "Filter display" section that you
describe in the gallery view. I've tried both the 'i' and 'm' keys. Am I
using an old version of MythVideo or something? I'm using a Mythbuntu
setup, but not SVN.

Cheers
Damian