[mythtv-users] AM2 Motherboard with PCI slots galore

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 14 17:39:01 UTC 2008

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>> Correct. I was thinking that I had seen blasters that worked with a USB
>> adapter, but now that I think about it those were the "MyBlaster" units
>> that used the serial port in a standard manner and did not depend on
>> computer-generated timings.
>>
>> Sadly, I believe those blasters are no longer available (at least not new).
>
> http://www.commandir.com/mini/applications

Interesting. This is not the "MyBlaster", which did not require LIRC and
could be driven by a perl script directly. The MyBlaster had the
"smarts" in it, so it actually generated the IR codes and timing and had
a pretty good list of them internally. It could also learn in case you
needed to control something it didn't know about out of the box.

But this looks like a good solution to needing multiple emitters, not
having a serial port, and the price seems reasonable.

Thanks for the pointer.

beww