[mythtv-users] SQL to stop or extend an in-progress recording

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:07:22 UTC 2008

On 2/14/08, Taco Mel <taco_mel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been playing with "Myth Recording Extender" in
> hopes that it would help me with extending recordings
> for college basketball games.  Immediately I ran into
> the problem that MRE does not support college
> basketball, so I wrote a class that does and got it to
> work on "single" recordings.  However, my setup has a
> power search configured for title "College Basketball"
> and subtitle matching one of the teams I am interested
> in.

I have a similar situation.  I found a few months ago that MRE
was working perfectly on single recordings but not correctly
on my power search rule.

> 1) Stop an in-progress recording.  I can already do
> this through mythfrontend via the "Stop Recording"
> choice so I assume this is possible.

I think MRE tries to do this by setting the end time to NOW in the record rule.

> 2) Extend an in-progress recording.  Right now I can't
> seem to do this through mythfrontend without changing
> the rule itself -- if I change "end X minutes late"
> this affects the rule as a whole and not the
> individual recording.  Ideally I would like to make
> the change only for a specific recording, keeping in
> mind that two recordings may be going on at once.

MRE (if I recall) modifies a single record rule directly or creates an
override if it is some other kind of rule.  So you are saying you
create an override for a power search rule it affects all recordings
for that rule?  Hmm.

Sorry not much help here... though I have hacked in this code a bit
and probably will have to again.  I turned MRE off a few months ago
when I was trying to isolate backend crashes.  I'll have to get it
working again before the hockey playoffs.

In any case I think we probably should look into implementing this
some other way than editing the database directly.  I've heard there
are perl bindings for some things now... maybe there is a real
interface (or we can implement one) to stop or extend a recording.