[mythtv-users] Automatically scanning for new music

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 16 01:40:07 UTC 2008

On 14 Feb 2008, at 22:49, Ben Lancaster wrote:
> My iTunes library for my mac is stored on an AFP mount hosted on my
> Mythtv backend.

OT, but how do you find this behaves, please?

I'd like to do the same myself at some point, but wasn't sure if it
was possible to put one's ~Music/iTunes on a network drive.

Which AFP server are you using on Linux, please? I tried this on an
old server which I had loads of problems with, and the AFP server
stopped playing one day, for reasons which I never figured out. I've
since scrapped that machine, but IIRC development on the longstanding
afpd was not terribly active, and some work on an FUSE-AFP-NG looked
like it _might_ be promising.

Ideally I'd like to have both my desktop Mac & my MacBook access the
same network share for their itunes store directory, and have the
MacBook do so via a VPN if happens to be roaming. I don't really know
how realistic this is.

Stroller.