[mythtv-users] Issue with MythMusic

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 02:34:01 UTC 2008

Stroller wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2008, at 01:21, Harry Devine wrote:
>
>> ...  when I
>> SSH into the box, I can go to /mnt/music/<artist>/<album> and see
>> all of
>> the songs.
>>
>> However, when I tell MythMusic to scan for new music, it only sees
>> some
>> of the songs, and the ones that it can see says that the lengths
>> are all
>> 0:00 in time, and the title shows
>>

> Is it possible you used a different ripper (or settings) today when
> you ripped the new albums?
>
> I think that, in order to prove the ripped MP3s are ok, you need to
> post the output of `cd /mnt/music/$artist>/$album>/ && ls -l *.mp3 &&
> file *.mp3`
>
> Stroller.

Well, I did rip the CD using Windows Media player and just put the MP3
files in the correct location, assuming that MythMusic would find it
when I did the "Scan for New Music".  I did try to rip it down with
MythMusic first, but got an error (can't quite remember what it was at
the moment).  Could that be an issue?

Thanks,
Harry