[mythtv-users] Some lost recording due to Seagate 500GB crash

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sat Feb 16 03:25:36 UTC 2008

On 02/15/2008 05:22 PM, Matt S. wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008 6:13 AM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:
>
>> I have lost some recordings and would like to selectively delete the
>> database entries and files.
>>
>> rm `ls -l /home/mythtv/store| grep /500/media/recordings/|awk '{print
>> $8}'`* will get the files.
>>
>> Is there some command or script out there that I could do something like:
>> rmdatabaseentry `ls -l /home/mythtv/store| grep
>> /500/media/recordings/|awk '{print $8}'
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Chuck
>>

> Could this be the holy grail you are looking for?
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4677

Wow, I just posted that and someone is referring to it already.  If you
are running SVN trunk or a recent SVN with storage groups support the
myth.find_orphans.pl script should do what the OP wants (I haven't read
any previous messages in this thread so someone may have already
mentioned this).  What my patch does is set the duplicate flag in
oldrecorded to 0 if you specify the rerecord option (seems to be the
preferred method for re-recording, if I am wrong someone correct me).
In my case, I don't have a lot of time to watch TV lately (last couple
of years).  So I lost a lot of shows I hadn't watched yet when one of my
drives in the storage group failed.  At least I still have a bunch of
shows from the other drives in the storage group.  Hopefully they will
be re-aired so I can record them again.

--
David