[mythtv-users] mythshutdown: Could not initialize myth context. Exiting.

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:21:32 UTC 2008

In mythwelcome if I bring up the menu and choose the "Shutdown Now" option,
nothing happens (used to work) and in the mythwelcome log I get this...

mythshutdown --startup returned: 1
mythshutdown: Could not initialize myth context. Exiting.

I've seen people talk about it is due to the $HOME variable not being set,
but running echo $HOME before starting mythwelcome does output the correct
directory.  I've also tried adding sudo -H to every place I can find which
runs mythshutdown but that makes no difference either.

My auto shutdown/wake up is working perfectly still, so it's only the
"Shutdown Now" option that's broken.
Is it working for anyone else?

Ash
(I'm running SVN 16053)