[mythtv-users] smallest dual-tuner

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Sat Feb 16 23:29:49 UTC 2008

Ben Coates wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone's managed to cram a dual-tuner mythtv system
> into a very small case, maybe using an SBC or mini-itx form factor....
> and how successful that's been?
>
> wanting to build a system that doesn't use much power..
>
> anyone had any success in this department? what hardware did you use?

I had at one point an EPIA MII10k, 300GB HDD and 256MB RAM (whoops,
really need more) anyhoo, there was plenty of space in the case for a
NOVA-T-500.  Other than being an utterly gutless system for a combined
FE/BE it would, hypothetically, of worked.

One word of advice, unless they've changed the supplier, those 40mm fans
VIA use can, will and do, whine like crazy.   But if you wanted a small,
low power, combined unit, a modern C7 based EPIA board could probably do
it without the issues of my older C3.