[mythtv-users] directv.pl with D12-100 - has anyone had any success with this?

dexter sl dexterslmul at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:35:10 UTC 2008

"BELKIN F4A091 DB9 Female/Female Gender Changer"
"Cables To Go - 26886 - 13in USB To DB9 Male Serial Adapter"
"Belkin F2N209-06 CGA/EGA Serial Mouse Extension Cable; DB9M/F"

ok, i tried the following:

d12-100 -> USB Adapter -> DB9 F/F GenderChanger -> DB9 M/F serial extension -> Com/Serial Port
    -nothing generated in /var/log/messages

d12-100 -> USB Adapter -> DB9 F/F GenderChanger -> Com/Serial Port
    -nothing generated in /var/log/messages

d12-100 -> USB Adapter -> DB9 F/F GenderChanger -> USB Adapter -> USB Port
    -nothing generated

I also obtained a d12-300 from ebay and got the same results.

I am beginning to suspect the gender changer as being the culprit because if i just plug the USB adapter into a USB port by itself the following is generated in /var/log/messages:

Feb 17 08:11:42 HTPC kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
Feb 17 08:11:42 HTPC kernel: usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Feb 17 08:11:42 HTPC kernel: pl2303 1-2:1.0: pl2303 converter detected
Feb 17 08:11:42 HTPC kernel: usb 1-2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Can you are anyone else confirm the specific gender changer they are using, and also if this specific version of the USB adapter (as displayed in the /var/log/messages output) is working for them?

Thanks