[mythtv-users] Digital audio issues

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:36:24 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 1:23 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also use the .asoundrc w/ mixed digital selected. One interesting thing
> is I'm using the same .asoundrc in F8 that I used on FC6, however, under FC6
> I got both mixed digital and analog output from analog sources. Under F8,
> all output is digital only. I have pulseaudio disabled...
>
> Richard

Pardon me for hijacking my own post here... But does anyone know why the
above would be true? I know I've seen it discussed before but not sure if
there was a real solution. I want Myth to act more like a DVD player. i.e.
all audio input (analog or digital) is output both analog and digital. I
think I'm wearing out my receiver leaving it on all day for the kids movies.

Richard