[mythtv-users] A52 encoding with ALSA

Justin luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 17 15:49:13 UTC 2008

        On 02/13/2008 11:49 PM, Justin wrote:
         > Does anyone have *A52* encoding with ALSA working? I'd like
        to encode all
         > my audio to digital and send it over spdif. I know how to
        configure the
         > asoundrc file to do this but i'm missing the *A52* encoder
        alsa plugin. I
         > have installed all the plugins available and it still doesn't
        exist.
         > Anyone get this working, specifically on fedora 8?

        0.21 may actually have that capability built in (no need for ALSA's
        plugin, and actually provides multi-channel output even with
        *timestretch*--which is impossible if using ALSA's plugin).

        Mike

Does svn have this built in already or is it a feature that will likely
be added soon?  If it does exist can you point me to documentation on
how to use it?

Thanks,
Justin