[mythtv-users] no sound

Diederick de Vries diederick at diederickdevries.net
Sun Feb 17 22:19:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a Terratec Cinergy 250 PCI TV card, which is connected to the
microphone jack of my Soundblaster Audigy card via a short cable at the
back of my computer. When I watch tv using

# mplayer tv://

I see a picture and can hear sound, so I assume that is setup correctly.

However,

# aplay /dev/dsp

returns a lot of "underrun" messages without making any sound and MythTV
doesn't produce sound either. Is there a good howto on this, or is
someone perhaps familiar with this kind of problem?

P.S. Is there a searchable archive of this mailing list?

Thanks for any help,
Diederick