[mythtv-users] Twin Cities MythTV Users - Channel 23.1

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:54:44 UTC 2008

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  Your experiences and
explanation all seem to confirm
what I thought must have happened.  It was Channel 23 that changed
something and not a
MythTV error or problem.

"Ebert and Roeper" is the only program I ever watch and record on
Channel 23, so it's very
unlikely that I'll pursue the problem beyond a weekly test to see if
the station has corrected
what seems to be their problem.

But I could be motivated to look deeper into the problem
if this "problem" were to spread to other TV stations.  That's because
even though MythTV
cannot record Channel 23, all the HDTV sets in the house can still
receive it, just fine.
So I'm a bit worried that TV stations might be able to do whatever
Channel 23 is doing
and defeat MythTV's capability to record.  Killing off MythTV
recording would be really bad!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

--
MM