[mythtv-users] Two really, really annoying plabyack problems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 18 16:17:04 UTC 2008

I'm experiencing two incredibly annoying playback problems:

1.  "partial" deinterlacing.  I can see de-interlace artifacts.  On fast
movement, the image breaks up in horizontal stripes.  It's not as bad as
no deinterlace at all, but it's noticeable.  If I turn off
de-interlacing, it gets a lot worse.

2. play-stutter-play.  The HD playback will play for a few seconds, then
- just perceptibly - stutter - then play again.  There is no related
audio stutter.  It's as if every few seconds, the system drops every
other frame for a second, then continues.  This *only* happens on HD
playback.

I'm running SVN.   The system has a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
CPU and an nVidia 6200 card:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce
6200] (rev a1)

This only happens on this system.  Another frontend, which only has an
old Athlon XP 2000+ CPU and an nVidia 5200 card doesn't have that
problem at all - and it runs at 40-50% CPU when playing HD.

Source code version     : Unknown
SVN Branch              : trunk
Library API version     : 0.21.20070910-2
Network Protocol Version: 36
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl using_opengl
using_live

I've been through the wiki, and tried the various suggestions, I've
tried all sorts of deinterlacers, XvMC, ffmpeg, you name it, and nothing
seems to help.

I am attaching the logfile from the frontend.  I see two problems:  one
is the
VideoOutputXv: XvMC Adaptor Name: 'NV17 Video Texture' X Error: BadMatch
error, and the other is the
Failed to enable deinterlacing
message.

Can anyone give me some hints on how to fix this?

Thanks,

--Yan