[mythtv-users] imdp.pl oddities?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Mon Feb 18 20:37:22 UTC 2008

> What about changing the script so it identified itself as a mythtv device?
> Then the script works for now, we identify ourselves correctly and
accurately,
> and the guys at IMDB can actually see what is coming from Mythtv users
rather
> than a general mass of people, and gain an accurate understanding of what
is
> hitting their DB.

If we get permission I'll do that. Until recently I had assumed we had
permission (I removed Amazon.com support some time ago because it was
clear we couldn't comply with their AUP).

Just changing the user agent isn't enough, their current "Conditions of Use"
are unambiguous.

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?conditions

--
Anduin Withers