[mythtv-users] Adding a second tvcard to existing setup

Hsing-Foo Wang hsingfoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:55:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for the procedure on how to add a second tvcard to my
existing setup.

Currently I have Mythtv svn with a Hauppage PVR350 running happily. I
now want to add a cx88xx based Hauppage WinTV card. The acrd is
recognized properly (cx8800 and cx88xx). And now for mythtv
itself.....

Mythtv-setup recogizes the second (new) card correctly but what do I
do next. Do I follow the same procedure as with a single card or do I
re-use info. Channel scanning etc....

I've searched the wiki, but it's not easy to find. Any step by step
guidelines would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
-HF