[mythtv-users] link to a specific recording

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 13:09:37 UTC 2008

I've never tried doing such, but I think I can see how.

First, the menu development guide explains how to modify menus:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide

At the bottom of that page, look in the Special Actions section for
the EXEC action. You should be able to use that to launch it in
mplayer or xine.

If you'd rather do it in the internal player, you could have it launch
a script that echos some commands to the mythfrontend Network Control
Port (port 6546 by default). To figure out what command you need to
run, you can test it out from the command line:

telnet localhost 6546
query recordings

that will give you a list of shows. Find the one you want and copy the
chanid and timestamp. Then test it out as follows:

play program 1029 2008-02-12T22:58:00

If that works as you expect, then your command to run would be:

echo play program 1029 2008-02-12T22:58:00 | telnet localhost 6546

--
Ron