[mythtv-users] Help with volume control in mythtv

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:24:32 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 11:01 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2008 10:20 PM, sdkovacs wrote:
> > I moved my hardware over to a slightly newer box this weekend, and
> > everything is working fine, with the exception of volume control in
> > Mythtv. When playing back any sound, the volume buttons on the remote
> > control no longer affect the volume. In alsamixer, the only item that
> > will affect the volume is the 'Headphone' setting. But how do I get
> > the volume buttons on the remote control to map to Headphone instead
> > of PCM or Master? In Setup-->General-->Audio, I tried changing Mixer
> > Controls to Headphone, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Plug your audio cable into the proper jack...
>
> Mike

I wish it were that simple. There are 3 jacks in the back of the box:

Blue: Line-in from the PVR350
Green: Line out to the back of the TV
Red: Microphone (unused)

So I don't see where else I can plug in the jack that goes out to the
TV. If it's any help, here's the output the audio portion of lspci.
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM
AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 05)

-Steve