[mythtv-users] Recommendations for HD capture

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 19 16:13:17 UTC 2008

> Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> says:
>> I was a little surprised when Hogan's Heroes showed up on HDNet as
>> "HD", but it turns out it was originally shot on 35mm film and they
>> just re telecined it.

...then I wonder when the Bluray version is coming out.

   I figured this was just BS when I originally saw it. It annoyed
the hell out of me that you could only see Hogans on an HD channel.
It eventually made it back to SD OTA channels. However, I just broke
down and bought the whole series once I saw how my local cable channel
was mutilating it.

   It was cut down even compared to the last time I had seen it
on broadcast. I bought the old Trek DVD's for the same reason.