[mythtv-users] Recommendations for HD capture

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 23:53:06 UTC 2008

> Most won't notice, a lot that do will accept the "it's to protect YOU"
> message that'll appear.
>
> Only a few will get up in arms about it... but it'll be too late then.

And even if they do get upset, the companies will just tell them they
need to buy a new TV with HDMI/HDCP and blame it on an FCC rule. You
know how many people I've seen buying new HDTVs solely because their
analog TV isn't going to be able to handle their cable or satellite
come January 2009? The guy at Best Buy lies to them, they believe it,
and reluctantly pony up for a new TV. I've already been the bearer of
bad news to a couple people who were still content with their SD TV
and suddenly realized they spent money they'd have rather used
elsewhere.

--
Ron