[mythtv-users] Problem recording currently viewed program to record from guide - 0.21-fixes (r16102)

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Wed Feb 20 08:10:44 UTC 2008

Hello again,

I've encountered with recent builds is a problem scheduling the
currently viewed program for recording using the guide.   I've been
running SVN trunk for a while and recently moved to the 0.21 fixes
branch.  I can't remember if this has always been the behavior.  Maybe
someone else could confirm?

To reproduce:

    * Start watching live TV
    * Enter the guide (i.e. with the TV still running embedded in the guide)
    * The current selection will be set to the current program.
    * Press the record button.
    * But instead of recording the show it's status becomes: "Single
      Record +1 Later Showing".

So it appears to be confused that I'm actually watching that show now.
Even if I exit LiveTV, the show will not be recorded and still has the
"later showing" status.

If I press "record", while viewing the show (not in the guide) the
recording works as expected.

Once in this state, it's difficult to figure out how to record the show,
bad for the WAF. :(

The guide also gets confused, even if press "enter" and change the
recording options to "Do not record this program", the guide continues
to display the single record "S" on the show and the status remains
"Single Record Later Showing".  But if I go back into the program
recording options, it's still set to "Do not record this program".

Do others see this?  Is this how it works in the stable 0.20 release?

Thanks,
Matt