[mythtv-users] MythTV to iPod User Job

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Feb 20 17:15:53 UTC 2008

I know a million-and-one scripts exist to convert recordings to iPod
compatible formats, but I decided I wanted to write another one to get
some features missing from the existing scripts (proper tagging,
full-resolution videos, TV show tagging, iPod category tags).

I am able to get some of the information from the User Job execution
(title, subtitle, description, etc), but the channel name,
episode/season number, etc, don't seem to be available.

So my questions:

1). Is there a way to discern between a show and a movie via these
tags? I was considering assuming that anything with a blank subtitle
was a movie and anything with a subtitle was a TV show, but I suspect
a number of cases will break that.

2). Is there a way to get the ProgramID or SeriesID? These would be
helpful in guessing the episode number, I would guess.

3). Is there a howto on using mythtv perl bindings? Or an easier way
to get more information about a recording?

4). The Category Field - it seems to be broken in 0.21-pre15718. I
looked through the code, and it seems that the structure %CATEGORY%
comes from is never being filled in from the recorded table. I'd look
up to see if there's an open bug, but mythtv.org seems to be down.

Thanks! I'll post the finished product when I am done. So far it looks
like it'll work great.

 - Jeff