[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Setup

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:34:22 UTC 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 12:56 PM, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> Richard Shaw wrote:
> > I would like to get some feedback from those of you who have one of
> > these. I just ordered mine and was thinking how I was going to set it
> > up. I'm going to try a FE/BE in one system so I'll probably install
> > the HDHomeRun box in my data closet, however, if I decide I need to go
> > with a separate BE/FE arrangement could I have bandwidth issues? In
> > the latter setup the  BE would be receiving data from the HDHomeRun
> > and sending data to the FE. Now my system is 100Mbit full duplex but
> > I'd like to know if anyone has had any networking issues with their
> setup.

I've never had a bandwidth problem using my HDHR on my FE/BE box. I did
eventually put it on it's own switch to my mythbox, because the main
switch/WAP is located away from my UPS, and I want recordings to continue
thru minor power blips, which are common in my rural area of MD. If you have
an extra switch/hub, it wouldnt hurt, but probably not necessary.
-J