[mythtv-users] recordedseek table crashing regularly, still

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 20 22:17:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 1:59 AM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I have MythTV 0.20.2 and MySQL 5.0.51. The recordedseek table is
> getting
> corrupted regularly, at least twice a week.
>
> I used to have a combined backend/frontend/MySQL server running 32-bit
> linux single core. This worked fine. Then I moved the frontend to a
> separate 64-bit dual core machine and all was fine.
>
> Then I moved the backend/SQL server to a different machine, 64-bit
> dual
> core, and the problems started.
>
> Clearly it's a MySQL bug rather than a MythTV bug, but I'd welcome any
> advice. The system is otherwise stable.

Even though the system is otherwise stable, I'd start by checking for
memory problems with something like MEMTEST-86+.  Sometimes they only
crop up in programs that have particular access patterns -- for
example, I had one machine that seemed stable except kernel compiles
would consistently fail.  It turned out to have bad cache RAM.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a different MySQL version to see if
maybe the version you're running is particularly buggy.  You could
also try a different database engine (like InnoDB instead of MYD) and
see if it makes a difference.  Obviously you'd want to back up your
database before doing this.