[mythtv-users] LIRC: 0.5 second lag vs. repeated signals

Dr. C Mythology drcphd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:23:47 UTC 2008

Ah, this is pretty sweet. I now control MythTV, mplayer and XMMS with my
remote. I've even added some macros which allows me to switch TTYs and
component mode to control the different apps.

Anyway.. I'm not exactly sure what device and driver I should specify. But
aren't they enabled by default, since everything works?
Do you think that may help?

dmesg:
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
lirc_mceusb2: Philips eHome USB IR Transciever and Microsoft MCE 2005 Remote
Control driver for LIRC $Revision: 1.39 $
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_mceusb2[2]:   BB+ Dongle(e.d) on usb2:2
usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb2

Setting repeat=2 fixed the problem, but maybe it's a dirty fix..