[mythtv-users] Recommendations for HD capture

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 20 23:30:10 UTC 2008

David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> says:
> Count me as skeptical of this.  Every time I go to a sports bar I
> see plain old 4:3 SD being stretched to fill a 16:9 screen.

Again, apples and oranges. The bar owner has no access to (or doesn't
know how to tune in) high-definition signals. Neither he, nor his
patrons, knows the difference. That'll change over time.

If the bar showed NFL games for 16 Sundays on a big 60" 1080i screen,
and suddenly switched to (stretched) 480i on the same display for the
playoffs, would the patrons really not notice, unless drunk before
entering? Of course not.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array