[mythtv-users] MythArchive - Under stairs solution

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Thu Feb 21 20:52:14 UTC 2008

Hey Group.

I have completed the under the stairs solution, which is working great.
I have my Core server running without GUI - Onĺy Backend.

Now I want to use MythArchive - for some recording and burn'em out.
But after choosing the files etc on a frontend in the livingroom - It's
starts with the screen - But no logfiles are starting. Is there any
special settings about mytharchive and having a setup like this. Caurse
nothings happens at all when starting making a DVD ???

Well - here's how I do on the Frontend.
Put in an empty DVD
Go to CD/DVD
Choose MythArchive
Choose single layer DVD
Choose the recorded shows ( 2 X 1.6GB)
Choose the theme - The MythTV standard.
Press Finish !
A window cmes up
Auto update frequency Logviewer 5 seconds
Cancel - Update - Exit

And This window keeps beeing empty!
I'll get this message with the DVD on the frontend where the empty disc
is :
2008-02-21 21:40:26.479 /dev/cdrom Disk OK...
2008-02-21 21:40:26.480 /dev/cdrom Current status MEDIASTAT_UNKNOWN
2008-02-21 21:40:26.481 found no disk
2008-02-21 21:40:26.983 /dev/cdrom Disk OK...

But Nothing happens at all - And I have it running all nigth.
Since I have normally run mythfrontend on the machine's I had some
troubles about the DVD drive on the frontends - since they don't respons
to command from the backends - But could it be caurse that I'm using a
user to run MythTV instead of root from other places!

Thanks
Per Jørgensen