[mythtv-users] MythArchive - Under stairs solution

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:10:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:

> Hey Group.
>
> I have completed the under the stairs solution, which is working great.
> I have my Core server running without GUI - Onĺy Backend.
>
> Now I want to use MythArchive - for some recording and burn'em out.
> But after choosing the files etc on a frontend in the livingroom - It's
> starts with the screen - But no logfiles are starting. Is there any
> special settings about mytharchive and having a setup like this. Caurse
> nothings happens at all when starting making a DVD ???
>
> Well - here's how I do on the Frontend.
> Put in an empty DVD
> Go to CD/DVD
> Choose MythArchive
> Choose single layer DVD
> Choose the recorded shows ( 2 X 1.6GB)
> Choose the theme - The MythTV standard.
> Press Finish !
> A window cmes up
> Auto update frequency Logviewer 5 seconds
> Cancel - Update - Exit
>
> And This window keeps beeing empty!
> I'll get this message with the DVD on the frontend where the empty disc
> is :
> 2008-02-21 21:40:26.479 /dev/cdrom Disk OK...
> 2008-02-21 21:40:26.480 /dev/cdrom Current status MEDIASTAT_UNKNOWN
> 2008-02-21 21:40:26.481 found no disk
> 2008-02-21 21:40:26.983 /dev/cdrom Disk OK...
>
> But Nothing happens at all - And I have it running all nigth.
> Since I have normally run mythfrontend on the machine's I had some
> troubles about the DVD drive on the frontends - since they don't respons
> to command from the backends - But could it be caurse that I'm using a
> user to run MythTV instead of root from other places!
>
> Thanks
> Per Jørgensen

Try running mythburn.py from the command line to see what happens.  You need
to manually setup a mydata.xml file in <mytharchive-dir>/config.  Something
like:
<!DOCTYPE mythburn>
<mythburn>
    <job theme="MythCenter" >
        <media>
            <file usecutlist="0" type="recording" encodingprofile="NONE"
filename="2030_20080206170000.mpg" />
            <file usecutlist="0" type="recording" encodingprofile="NONE"
filename="2030_20080207160000.mpg" />
            <file usecutlist="0" type="recording" encodingprofile="NONE"
filename="1030_20080207170000.mpg" />
        </media>
        <options dvdrsize="4482" mediatype="0" erasedvdrw="0" createiso="1"
doburn="0" savefilename="STV-2.7.iso" />
    </job>
</mythburn>

And then run the mythburn script this way:
python /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py

And look for errors.

Chris