[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and EIT streamed EPG

dragozet at hotmail.com dragozet at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:41:49 UTC 2008

Okay, I've searched and searched.  I just can't find a straight answer to this.

Background:

Ubuntu 7.10 with Mythtv 20.2, Also tried Mythbuntu 7.10 and MythDora
AMD system with HDhomerun on same subnet.

Problem:

I don't get the EPG from EIT using the HDhomerun hardware.  Everything works fine.  I can watch Live TV and record programs.  Works great, except EVERY channel and/or program shows as 'unknown'  NO EPG data is collected!

I plugged in an ATI HDwonder and the EPG through EIT works on that card?

Question:

Does EPG through EIT work with the HDhomerun?  This is kind of bothering me quit a bit since I don't want to use a subscription based EPG (None work properly, esp with HD OTA channels)  Any I doing something wrong?  Does anyone have this working with just the HDhomerun?