[mythtv-users] M3U to Mythmusic updated (now goes both ways)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Feb 22 10:35:11 UTC 2008

> Hi!
> I've updated the PHP script that converts M3U playlists to Mythmusic
> playlists.
> It can now also convert Mythmusic playlists to M3Us.
>

> For more info and screenshots:
> http://thebronze.org/m3u2mythmusic/

I've had a chance to play with this script now and I'm afraid it doesn't
work very well for me:-( I've only tried exporting the MythMusic playlist
to an m3u file, not the other wau\y round.

First off, what version of MythMusic is it based against - if its 0.20
then I'll stop now as I'm running SVN trunk head.

If thats not the issue then these are the symptoms.

1. An old playlist

a) has the main music path and the track filename but the directory in
between is missing i.e. the file referenced should be:

/mnt/music/John Lee Hooker - The Healer/01 - The Healer with Carlos
Santana  The Santana Band.mp3

but instead it has:

/mnt/music/01 - The Healer with Carlos Santana  The Santana Band.mp3

b) Only the first entry in the playlist appears in the m3u file.

2. A newly created playlist

a) the only output is the path to the top level of my Music storage (ie.
the file contains

#EXTM3U
/mnt/music/
and thats it!

Hopefully this feedback will be useful - I look forward to testing the
next version!!

--
Robin Gilks