[mythtv-users] AC3 and DTS Sound not Working

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Fri Feb 22 21:29:54 UTC 2008

On 2/22/08, antonluque <spamluque at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have mythtv running on ubuntu 7.10 on a intel mac mini conected with a
> home cinema system via a toslink cable, and I cannot watch movies and dvds
> with MythVideo with DTS sound, even though I have configured mythtv setup
> in
> the following way ...
>
> Default Sound device:           ALSA:plug:iec958
> Passthrough output device:      ALSA:iec958
> AC3 Sound:                      checked
> DTS Sound:                      checked
>
> When I try to watch movies with DTS sound I just hear static, am I doing
> something wrong??

Those settings are working on my intel Mac mini.  Try rebooting with the
toslink connected.  When I recently switched back to toslink with a new
reciever I was getting static until I rebooted and passthrough started
working correctly.  The static (actually like a fast clicking) has not
returned.

David