[mythtv-users] any way to load cutlist while still flagging?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Feb 23 03:03:10 UTC 2008

>  Well, back to the central topic of this thread...not sure what I was
>  doing wrong, but I tried it again and it worked.

Well, at risk of being wrong again, I want to retract this statement.
I did some more testing, and yes I can load the commercial cutlist (at
least as far as it's gotten) while its still recording, and it will
skip those commercials. However, as the recording progresses and more
commercials are detected, those additional commercials don't seem to
get loaded unless I manually reload the cutlist every time a new
commercial is found. From the explanation of the COMMFLAG_UPDATE
messages, I had the impression the commercials would automatically be
added while you are still playing back. I just don't see that
happening.

>  - You have the "Start Auto-Commercial Flagging jobs when the recording starts"
>   setting turned on in mythtv-setup.
>  - You have to have the JobQueue setup to allow commercial flagging jobs during
>   the time period you are watching the recording.
>  - You have to have "Run Transcode Jobs before Auto-Commercial Flagging"
>   turned Off in mythtv-setup.
>  - You have to have commercial flagging turned on for the recording's
>   schedule.
>  - The JobQueue has to start the flagger for the recording you're watching.
>   If there are other jobs ahead of this flagger job, then you won't get
>   the realtime updates.  This is important because if you have recording
>   capacity enough to record 3 programs at a time, but only enough JobQueue
>   capacity to flag 2 at a time, then you wouldn't be able to get the
>   realtime flagging info for that 3rd in-progress recording.

All of this is done. I can even go into the mythweb "Backend Status"
page and see that commercial flagging for a show is 50% when the
program is half finished recording, so the flagging is active and has
caught up to live tv time.

Even though you (Chris) said it had nothing to do with the
automatically skip commercials setting, I tried turning it on anyway
and that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

--
Ron