[mythtv-users] use hdhomerun to watch live-tv on a SD tv?

chuckster krausewc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:50:20 UTC 2008

Chuck,

There is a script and some notes on how to use it that
converts HD whatever down to SD mpeg2 for the mvpmc device that only handles
720x480/mp3 <~12Mbit/second, I would guess that its output will also
play on the xbox, the script is setup to run as a user job, and will replace
the old mpeg file with new SD one, and also rename the original one as
mpg.orig,
it is still being tested and developed so I did not want to delete the
original
file as some debugging is still being done.

The current version of the script is included.

Dear Roger,

This sounds like what I would like it would do what I'm looking for.  Will
it convert live-tv on the fly, or will it only work on recorded programs?
Also, I'm pretty much a noob, and I'm not sure exactly what to do with this
script.  I see from the comments that I need to set it up as a user job, but
do I need to put the script into a file? Where?  If you have any additional
instructions or a link to a website that explains how to implement scripts,
I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.