[mythtv-users] How to make MythTV work with S/Video and with Composite

Igor Chudov ichudov at Algebra.Com
Sun Feb 24 03:24:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 04:50:48PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> Igor Chudov wrote:
>> I have a Hauppauge 150 card with coax, composite, and S/Video inputs.
>> Of them, I will not be using coax, I will use S-Video for Dish and
>> composite for Direct TV.
>> In any case, it does not work too well, mythtv gets stuck if I start
>> it up, the settings window goes through the motion etc.
>> Is there anyone who is using mythtv with composite and s-video? Any
>> pages to guide me?
>
> One problem I would think of is that both the composite and the svideo
> inputs use the baseband line audio inputs, so at least as far as audio they
> would be seen as the same by your system.
>
> I haven't tried what you are trying to do but I suspect it would, at the
> very least, take a lot of work to make it work, if indeed it could.

Brian, would there be a better way to deal with having a DirecTV and
Dish Network?

Maybe I can make one of them go through coax?

Worst case, I could probably use just one. Any suggestions? I want to
get SOMETHING to work.

Also, I have a bunch of .avi's  on a shared drive, can I use MythTV to
watch those?

thanks a lot