[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end user experience.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:43:49 UTC 2008

Hi

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Ben Firshman <ben at firshman.co.uk> wrote:
>  > Any controls that require pushing number keys on the remote for
>  > operations should not be allowed.  There's no reason all menus
>  > shouldn't be operable with, "up", "down", "left", "right", "ok", and
>  > "cancel" buttons.  Everything needs to be onscreen and easily
>  > learned.  Optional shortcut keys are fine, of course.

One of my pet hate is that there are so many options in Myth that you
can only access through the keyboard. There are so many options that
it's impossible to get a universal remote control and get all the
useful options on the remote.

One could imagine a different way to fast forward, skip x amount of
seconds, skip ads etc without having to use different keys for each.

For watching videos it's definitely no possible to use myth in a
consistent manner., it's impossible to configure the remote to behave
the same when using mplayer as when using myth for example.

JY