[mythtv-users] Solved: CC (and maybe Teletext) to DVD

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sun Feb 24 17:47:21 UTC 2008

 > Just a question, will the end result be a DVD with
 > embedded CC that the TV will decode, or will it be in
 > a subtitle stream that can be enabled by the DVD
 > menus?
 >
 > Sam

Hi Sam,

It will be in a subtitle stream that can be enabled using whatever means
is built in to your DVD. The DVD won't have a "Setup" menu, like you see
on commercial DVDs. Instead, your player should have the means to turn
on subtitles without needing to use a menu provided by the DVD. Once the
subtitles are turned on, they'll look like closed captions, not like
subtitles on commercial DVDs.

Does that sound like it will work for you?

I think I can capture a couple of screen shots and add that to the
documentation so you'll know what to expect.