[mythtv-users] SVN removal howto

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 24 22:39:48 UTC 2008

On 02/24/2008 07:30 AM, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
> Still waiting for 0.21.. It's been six months since 0.20.2, or a year
> and a half since 0.20. Now there's a promise to make the release this
> month, but I wouldn't hold my breath -- it seems to me Trac has as many
> open tickets against 0.21 as there's been every time I've looked in the
> past.

Yeah.  Every indication says the project is dead.  There's hardly any
activity in Trac and I don't remember the last time I saw a message on
the mailing lists.  Plus, most people have moved on to bigger/better
media players, like Elisa and Linux MCE.

> Like I said, I don't care any more, so no critique implied - simply an
> observation of something I've seen fail before.
>
> Given how long 0.21 has been in the making, I'm hesitant to consider an
> upgrade anyway - it's probably at least as unstable as 0.20 was. I guess
> that's another six months at least for 0.21.2 until it might be stable.
> Still, I know I'll probably bite the bullet pretty soon, even if I'm
> going to be sorry I did.

It will all be fixed in 0.21 Service Pack 1.

Mike