[mythtv-users] DVD hardware

Ben Newman ben at ultraswank.com
Mon Feb 25 07:33:41 UTC 2008

Only tangentially myth related I know, but does anyone else have
troubles keeping a working DVD drive in their system?  We seem to only
be able to keep a drive in our system for about 3 months before is
starts having problems when trying to watch DVDs: skipping, stuttering
and eventually just not able to read a DVD.  I'm assuming this is just
because the cheapie DVD drives I use just aren't meant for the heavy
use frequent DVD watching puts them through, but it sure is
frustrating.  Does anyone have any recommendations on a solid drive
that won't need frequent replacement?

--
~Ben Newman