[mythtv-users] Some lost recording due to Seagate 500GB crash

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Mon Feb 25 16:11:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 02/15/2008 05:22 PM, Matt S. wrote:
>  > On Feb 15, 2008 6:13 AM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:
>  >
>  >> I have lost some recordings and would like to selectively delete the
>  >> database entries and files.
>  >>
>  > Could this be the holy grail you are looking for?
>  > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4677
>  >

>  Wow, I just posted that and someone is referring to it already.  If you
>  are running SVN trunk or a recent SVN with storage groups support the
>  myth.find_orphans.pl script should do what the OP wants (I haven't read
>  any previous messages in this thread so someone may have already
>  mentioned this).  What my patch does is set the duplicate flag in
>  oldrecorded to 0 if you specify the rerecord option (seems to be the
>  preferred method for re-recording, if I am wrong someone correct me).
>  In my case, I don't have a lot of time to watch TV lately (last couple
>  of years).  So I lost a lot of shows I hadn't watched yet when one of my
>  drives in the storage group failed.  At least I still have a bunch of
>  shows from the other drives in the storage group.  Hopefully they will
>  be re-aired so I can record them again.

My replacement disk is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I was wondering
if anyone has used this with 0.20.2-0ubuntu10.1 and gotten it to work.

Obviously I don't have storage groups yet.  All the recording that
were on the old disk were a symlink from the primary backend to
another machine via NFS done via myth_archive_job.pl.

Here is what happened on my dryrun attempt:
 cp at peters:/tmp$ perl ./myth.find_orphans.pl --dryrun
--dbhost=192.168.2.1 --host=192.168.2.1 --pass=password
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'mythconverg.storagegroup'
doesn't exist at ./myth.find_orphans.pl line 277.
Could not execute () at ./myth.find_orphans.pl line 277.

The section it failed is:
    272 sub dir_lookup
    273 {
    274         my $query = shift;
    275
    276         $sth = $dbh->prepare($query);
    277         $sth->execute($opt_host) || die "Could not execute
($dir_query)";
    278         while (my @row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
    279                 $opt_dir .= "," if ($opt_dir ne "");
    280                 $opt_dir .= $row[0];
    281         }

and the only reference to storagegroup is line 116.
     115 if ($opt_dir eq "") {
    116         &dir_lookup("SELECT dirname FROM storagegroup WHERE
hostname=(?)");
    117         &dir_lookup("SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
value='RecordFilePrefix' AND hostname=(?)");
    118
    119         printf STDERR "Recording directories ($opt_host):
$opt_dir\n" if $debug;
    120 }

Any suggestions?

I applied the diff to the myth.find_orphans.pl I found at:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl
Did I get the wrong source file?

Thanks,
Chuck