[mythtv-users] Is 4GB RAM overkill for mythtv?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Feb 25 16:30:43 UTC 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 5:03 AM, Matthew McClement wrote:

> note: this turned out longer than expected. Might want to grab a cup
> of
> tea/coffee/whatever.

Thanks, this was perfect. I have a good general knowledge of many
different databases, but I have no specific tuning experience. This
all made sense to me and I only needed to make the following changes:
query_cache_size = 64M
query_cache_limit = 4M
query_cache_type  = 1

I'll keep an eye on memory usage and performance and see if I need to
make any other adjustments. I'd rather not witch over to InnoDB in
case something changes in the future that makes it a bad choice (I
don't want to have an unsupported configuration in such a situation).
I did have MySQL running on a separate server for a little while so if
this doesn't do the trick, I'll go back to to approach. I was trying
to keep network latency at a minimum by moving MySQL back to the
master backend. I guess there is no correct answer - just constant
tweaking.  :)