[mythtv-users] Nvidia + interlaced output success?

Phil Vid phil.vid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:53:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

So is anyone able to successfully use nvidia to cleanly play back
interlaced content using native interlaced output modes? I am close,
but not quite.

Here are the issues I'm facing for when I use either native interlaced
mode or the native progressive mode + deinterlacers:

Interlaced -
- The 'Use different resolutions' menu does not show any interlaced
resolutions, so I can't select a progressive resolution if I'm in
interlaced mode. Is this an xorg/xrandr thing?
- There appears to be a problem with field ordering at times. About
every 2nd video I play back gets the interlaced teeth artifacts, fast
forward or rewind can fix it to play normally.
- In particular video content, there will be flickering of motion when
on a white/light background. So blue shirt moving over white clouds
will have a flickery blue trail. I saw this only with red or blue
colours, others seem fine.

Non Interlaced -
- Motion blur on fast motion using greedyhighmotion. Stationary
content is perfect.

Thanks
Phil